Saturday, January 17, 2009

To further reveal my dorkiness



...I made sims of my city characters. What can I say? I tried to email pictures of them to myself to get them on this computer, but I could only get one of Nilay. Still, it's pretty cool.

Nilay Kala is a young Indian man. He’s lived in the city his whole life, but his parents emigrated from India. Both of his parents, his whole family, in fact, have been taken. He even had the bad luck to be there when he mother fell to the illness. So no, he’s not insane. But he’s still pretty messed up. So yeah, his backstory.
He’s an artist, actually. There isn’t much to make art with, and the colors never seem as bright as they used to, but he sculpts with twisted metals and shells of cars.
Nilay lives in his family’s old van, which is decorated with pencil sketches, and he’s made very comfortable. He’s scooped out all the engine parts to use for storage, and taken out the back seats for a sleeping area. He’s scavenged all sorts of bits and bobs which he collects and displays on or inside the car. The reason he’s living in a van and not, say a house, is because it’s been taken over by one of the roaming gangs that’s popped up. He drove the van to escape them and parked in an empty lot when he was about to run out of gas. He’s lived there ever since.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is realllly bad.... but I like that you have his backstory. I need to do those for my guys.. and I have A LOT.