Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh my it's Sunday now... I hadn't realized. The trials of staying up late, I suppose.

I think I need to stop looking at lolcats. Yes, I look at lolcats. I'm sorry. But I think they've made my brain melt. Everything I've written over the last few days has been crap. Gosh, I wish I could be just a bit cleverer in print. I usually don't have a problem saying things that might be considered clever out loud (Here's a tip to sound clever when you have no idea what you're talking about- Big words.). But I have lots of trouble writing sometimes. 

I'm still messing about with the city, I haven't gotten any real writing done yet and I'm already cutting stuff out. What's mostly written down in that respect is plot ideas and what amounts to character intros. What scares me a lot is that I still have basically no idea where I'm going with this, which has caused the failure of many a story, let me tell ya. But no, I'm sticking it out and figuring this plot out. 

I started a poem, too, but... it's not finished, it needs a LOT of rewriting, and while I like some of the phrases, I think I'm going to scrap most of it. 

We also went bowling today, and something dawned on me that I must have known subconsciously forever. Bowling kills my soul. I hate bowling and it hates me. 

I got a new phone, as well. It's nice, I'm quite happy with it. It's very fun to mess around on and it's got a full keyboard. Now if only my dad would get unlimited texting it would be just perfect...

I leave you with this:

"Don't accept the old order. Get rid of it."
- Johnny Rotten of The Sex Pistols

EDIT: The blog time LIES! It WAS sunday when I wrote this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad.... This happens to me a LOT. It never really tells the world when I write things. Its awful.