Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lalalala

Well, tardy hall was just wonderful! I shall have to get as many tardies as possible to have such weekly enjoyment. Ha ha NO. It was lame. But Bridget told me to stop whining, so I shall. 

So I'm sitting in the Commons by the huge windows, and the gingko tree outside makes me sad. Earlier in the year, when people actually wanted to be outside, the gingko leaves turned yellow and all fell off the tree at once. They were so pretty, bright banana yellow fans blanketing the ground around the tree. Once, during tutorial, Gaia, Georgia and I went out and smashed fruit under the gingko tree. Well, mostly Gaia smashed fruit. Then we sat by the gingko tree and tied the stems of the leaves together to make garlands. They were so beautiful, bright leaves pointing in all directions, intricately knotted stems. We hung the garlands in the tree. Even though it looked pretty pathetic, I thought it restored some of the poor bald tree's dignity. The gingko is like those guys who have a glorious mane of hair, then lose it all before college or something. How sad is that? Anyway, nice memories. 

OOOOkay, 4:17, my dad should be here by now... Come on Dad... I would like to be home right now...

No comments: